Thursday 5 February 2015

This Song Will Save Your Life by Leila Sales

Release Year: 2013
Publisher: Macmillan Children Books

Format: Paperback
Genre(s): Contemporary
Pages: 288
Price: £6.99
How Long Did It Take To Read: 2 days
Goodreads
Stars: 5
Book Bingo: Read A Book Written By Author With Your Initials
Favourite Quote:
You think it's so easy to change yourself. you think it's so easy but its not. True, things don't stay the same forever; couches are replaced, boys leave, you discover a song, your body becomes forever scarred. and with each of these moments you change and change again, your true self spinning, shifting positions - but always at last it returns to you, like a dancer on the floor. because throughout it all, you are still, always , you: beautiful and bruised, known and unknowable. and isn't that - just you - enough?

Blurb:
All her life Elise Dembowski has been an outsider. Starting a new school, she dreams of fitting in at last - but when her best attempts at popularity fail, she almost gives up. Then she stumbles upon a secret warehouse party. There, at night, Elise can be a different person, making real friends, falling in love for the first time and finding her true passion - DJing.
But when her real and secret lives collide, she has to make a decision once and for all: just who is the real Elise?

Review:
This book had me hooked from the beginning. I had been in a little reading slump this week, I've started about 4 different books to try and get out of it and this book was the one. I only brought it a few days ago and I'm so glad I did. It started of with a girl who has no friends and think her life isn't worth living. It is a very inspirational book, even when you're at your lowest there will always be something worth living for. Even if that something is little. This book has great music, challenging times and some cute dogs which is a reason to pick this up if you haven't. I'm in the mood for more contemporary thanks to this book and I think it might have gotten me out of my reading slump.
Overall I gave this book 5 stars because it was amazing!!

No comments:

Post a Comment