Wednesday 11 February 2015

Just Like Fate by Cat Patrick and Suzanne Young

Release Year: 2014
Publisher: Electric Monkey

Format: Paperback
Genre(s): Contemporary
Pages: 294
Price: £7.99
How Long Did It Take To Read: 3 days
Goodreads
Stars: 4
Favourite Quote: 'You Made The Right Choice'
Book Bingo: Read A Book With A Strong Sibling Relationship.
The relationships between Caroline and Teddy is so heart warming. He stands by her side no matter what she does and when they fight he always forgives her. I would love to have a sibling relationship like that.

Blurb:
Stay Or Go?
Caroline is at a crossroads. Her whole family is on her back, and her grandmother, the only person who really understands her, is sick, maybe dying. All she wants to do is escape. So when her best friend suggest a night out to forget her troubles, Caroline must choose:
STAY by her grandmother's side, or GO to the party and live her life... and maybe find the boy of her dreams.
This decision will split Caroline's fate into two separate paths - and she's about to live them both. But there's only one happy ending...

Review:
When I'm in the mood for contemporary I will read about 5 before going on to a different genre and this is a book that I've been meaning to read in a while but haven't been in the mood. I finally picked it up this month and It was a good book. I didn't realise it had two separate paths that Caroline takes. One chapter would be if she went to the party and the other would be if she stayed with her family. I really like that, It was a good way of looking at the different paths people can take in life. Both paths she takes you see Caroline fix broken relationships with different family members which happened because of the path she didn't take. So on the paths there where good things and there were bad. I loved the way this book was written, It made me fall in love with some of the characters but by the next page I was hating them, I don't think I have cried this much to a book before. One moment I was in tears the next I was laughing, It was an emotional roller-coast. Which was a great read for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment