Sunday 8 February 2015

The Book Tag

I saw this tag on EllesBelles Bookshelf (check hers out here) and I thought this would be a really good idea for my followers to get to know me and my book ways a little better.


Question 1: Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Yes I love to sit on my bed to read. I have quite big family so it's rather hard to find somewhere quiet apart from my room. When it's hot outside (hardly ever) I will sit in the garden and read to soak up the little sun.

Question 2: Bookmark or random piece of paper?
Bookmarks all the way, I have about 20 bookmarks but I always use the same one. I got it a couple of years ago for Christmas off my sister and I love it. It's a 3D Panther

Question 3: Can you stop reading at any time or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part, etc?
I have to stop at the end/start of a chapter. If I stopped anywhere else I would forget what part I had read and I would read the whole page again. 

Question 4: Do you eat or drink while reading?
Sometimes I like to have a cup of tea when I'm reading but I don't think I could eat whilst reading. It might get on the book and make a mess.

Question 5: Can you read whilst listening to music or watching TV?
I find it hard to focus on the book while something else is going on around me so I have to be in a quite area or I won't be able to take the book in properly. I'm currently listening to Disney songs while I write this.

Question 6: One book at at time. or several at once?
I normally only like to read one book at a time but last week I read two at the same time. One of them was a manga and only took a few hours to read but I didn't want to read it all at once so I started to read another book as well. 

Question 7: Reading at home or everywhere?
I will always take a book with me where ever I go, in case i get a spare few hours in the day so I could read. I will normally read at home but I sometimes read on my breaks at work or on public transport.

Question 8: Reading out loud or in your head?
In my head. I find it hard to take a book in if I'm reading out loud, I find myself going over the same sentence quite a lot to be able to take it in. 

Question 9: Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Sometimes I like to skim ahead of the page to see if my favourite character is in it or if someone is hurt badly I skim a head a few pages to see if they are still alive a few chapters ahead. I have only ever skipped pages when I was reading New Moon by Stephanie Meyer and that was only because I hated Jacob and didn't want to read the pages without Jasper in them. 

Question 10: Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
I like to keep my books looking new but sometimes I can't help but break the spine on some of my books. If I'm really into the book I forget about the spine and it gets a little broken sometimes. 

Question 11: Do you write in books?
I've only ever wrote in a book when I was doing my GCSE's in high school. I don't like writing in my books I keep. 

I tag anyone who reads this and wants to do the book tag. I had a lot of fun doing this and I'm sure you will too. 
Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment