Sunday 18 January 2015

Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes

I've had this book on my TBR shelf for a couple of months now and I was in the mood for a good fantasy book. I had heard nothing but good things about it. I finally decided to pick it up this month and I'm so glad I did. Morgan Rhodes did a great job with the Young Adult Fantasy book. The book had a lot of blood, death and mentions of sex I would say its more for the mature young adults.
This book has love, magic and death in. What more does a book need? The world is described beautifully and you get a good feel of what life is like for the different kingdoms.
There are three different neighbouring kingdoms called Auranos, Paelsia and Limeros. Auranos and Limeros are both rather wealthy while Paelsia that sits in the middle of the two is poor with little food and shelter for its residents. The people are lucky to survive the winter. The only thing they have going for them is there amazing wine they make.
The kingdoms have a sort peace treaty going on but when one stupid drunk Auranos lord goes and kills a Paelsia boy the peace is shattered and the kingdoms are at war with each other. The dead boys brother will stop at nothing to get revenge for his brothers death even if that means killing a princess. There is lots of deception and greed which will give you a little shock.
There are so many characters that are introduced and you get a feel for all of them. I didn't have much trouble remembering who is who after the first few chapters.
This book ripped my heart out and put it back together again by the end. I'm hoping to pick up Rebel Spring something next month so I can carry on with the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment